Thursday, August 31, 2006

Getting to know myself better

It was not long before when I really thought freaking out and howling around the city late nights is quite an exciting thing to do. Felt like that is the life an youngster should live in order to call him or herself "Kwel". I was not very different from many of my friends in thinking so. I felt like this is one thing which my parents cannot understand and they would never allow me to do. I used to cry around telling that I do not have the freedom to do what I want !!!! Was thinking that given a chance of living alone in any other place away from home along with my friends I would use my FREEDOM to do these kinda things.
And I did get a chance too, I got to live alone with my friends away from home. And know what? I took me almost two long years to even think of using my so called FREEDOM. I felt I was more engaged with other spheres of life and never felt inclined to all that which I always wanted to do at back home.Just a few days back, one of my good friends got a car and now our gals group had the easy liberty to stay late outside. Come weekends, we gals were charged up to do some full time masti and we would not have asked for a better occasion to start with, than our Company's annual fest.Though the fest turned out to be a major flop, we did enjoy in our own way, thanks to the food caterers there who served an early dinner and that was more than enough to leave the place early. We had lots of time in hand and did not wanna go back home soon, this City not being a bad place, had served us a wide platter of hangouts,and in less than 30 minutes we were at a lovely hangout(which everyone keeps talking about) and only after waiting for an hour we got a place to sit. It was already 11 pm and we were kinda sure that the joint would get closed down soon and we would be thrown out but naah, gotto know that it stays open til 4 am in the morning. So we were at ease now, to start with the crowd over there looked good and decent, a few families were there too at that hour of the day, but as time passed, got to see some real " namunas" or "peculiar" kinda people like Guys dressed up like gals with long hair, skimpy clothes and what not, gals were not better too, I started getting a little uncomfortable then , started pondering that, was this something I called fun ?? An hour later the place was getting too obnoxious for us to stay there and we moved away from there speeding towards home, slept for the day and the next day I spent thinking and recalling what all had happened, I wondered why I did not like all this which I always thought I would love.......I could hear an answer somewhere but I was not ready to hear it, so let it get echoed away...................

Soon after a couple of weekends, got to dine out in another "Kwel " place , people called it the most happening place in Hyderabad, the moment I got into it I was welcomed by a splendid aroma or should I call a stink ????? later found that its the smell out of Cigarettes and that made me detest the place, we got a corner table comfortable enough for 4 girls.Ordered some good food and were waiting to hog it down, just then a photographer of a daily clicked a picture of ours and I hoped the least for the pic to come out in the paper next day, soon after we were all set to start enjoying,little did I know am gonna get a major pang of my head because of the smoky atmosphere out there, rushed back to home earlier than expected. That day I did realise a little better about myself that these things are actually nothing to me, this is not something I can call as freedom, this is all scrap, things which most people of a lesser sense and more insecure feel do, who wanna show themselves to the gallery, I am not for it at all. Its not that I cant do all that but jus I do not wanna do it ! So guys lets understand the 'kwel things in life' is not all about hanging around and enjoying haywire, its a lot different and most of us do not realise it until we experience it ourselves.

Do post your comments on this, the best comment of the blog gets a nite out party :-)

2 comments:

Saravanan Sadasivan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kamakshi Priya said...

'Kewl" one , Saira :-)