Monday, June 01, 2009

Shopping Mall Surprise

How does it feel to catch upon a friend after years ? Feels awesomely great !! and how does it feel to catch upon a real good buddy after years in your newly wedded life along with your husband besides...feels great even now but with cautions in head like something of " Beware" , if he is from different sex. Well, this is a feeling experienced by those traditionally inclined Indian Woman alone.
Not before 24 hours , I happened to meet one of my good buddy accidently in a shopping mall. Having been in two different ends of the world until last few months, we could not catch up for quite a long time and that was not going to make any difference in our meet up but yes, with me having stepped into the marital affair , was definitely going to make an impact especially because my hubby doesnt not know much about this friend.
Well, I was meeting Sheik after almost 4 years or so[Info: my hubby is called Sheik too...just a spelling difference he is Sheik Shadullah and my friend is Sheik Abdullah]. It was an accidental meeting in a crowded garment section of the shopping mall but that was not going to stop me to think or pause and decide to how to greet him. I saw him from a distance of 20 metres or so and and he was standing facing his back and talking on a mobile phone, looks could have been deceptive but not his voice, I identified him in a jiffy and there I was..I slowly stalked him from behind and for all his surprised shock, I waved very close to his eyes with my burqa cladded hands... hope he did not have a nightmare last night after this shock of mine.. :-)
He was still on phone, an important call, I guess, and I was just waiting him to finish it off meanwhile I informed my hubby that the person in picture is my old college mate called Sheik and was trying to keep myself busy until he was done with the call. There he came with a resilent " Assalaam Alaikum and a ever lovely smile of his ", We greeted him back and my mouth was open 32 wide teethed. I introduced the two first timers as " Sheik meets Sheik " with a giggle. After expressing our happiness, we soon started up with a much needed conversation of his where abouts and stuff and my hubby had to do nothing there but to listen to us poorly... I was feeling a little awkward but could not help much. After about a 1/3rd of an hour, our conversation ended up as he had to leave, to catch up with his roomies who were searching for him.
He was still the same with jus a few kilos added onto his body mass but I was much different both in looks and personality all along with a hijab and burqa which would have made him all the more awestruck but not surprised.
A meet of around 20 mins but the experience priceless rekindling the vivid past of college years, the fun and frills , the stupidity shared and what not.. Well, here is a truth, I was so obsessed with this friend of my college, that one of the strongest reason for me to say an yes to my hubby for a marriage was because he shared the same name.
Now, you very well know how stupid I am :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi saira,

I can understand the shock and thrill you faced when you met the guy who was a good friend of you,the narration was really nice until you told about the name similarity that was behind your selection of your husband.It was like a over inflated tyre went flat in seconds.Anyways everyone even me is obsessed about something in life and cant help about it too.

Saira said...

Thanks Arun, That was a decent and frank remark...